Fluidyne Aircirc™ circulating jet
Recent studies and data from operating plants indicate as much as 50% or more of the inorganic material contained in domestic sewage is fine material (particle size less than 250 micron) and not removed by conventional grit removal systems. The removal of this fine material through the use of the Fluidyne Hydro-Grit™ has numerous advantages in modern treatment plants.
The high-efficiency Hydro-Grit™ takes maximum advantage of the principle of subcyclonic separation through a combination of forced and free vortex along with gravity. The Hydro-Grit™ consists of the free-standing grit vortex chamber with support legs, AirCirc™ cleaning system, air-liquid separation unit, circulating jet motive nozzle, grit pump, blower station and automatic control panel.
TOTAL PACKAGE GRIT REMOVAL
Fluidyne designs and manufactures complete Hydro-Grit™ systems. These feature the same advantages of the standard Fluidyne Hydro-Grit™ without the need for concrete housing and mounting bolts. Plus the high-efficiency Hydro-Grit™ demonstrates the following attractions.
- Systems can be placed above/below ground in sealed/open environment
- Chamber is made of corrosion resistant fiberglass reinforced polyester or stainless steel
- Capable of removing 95% of grit greater than 74 micron in size
- Single unit capable of handling flows up to 15 MGD
- Standardized sizing so multiple installation of units is possible
- HydroCirc™ which uses influent flow to create cyclone can be used in sealed systems where the AirCirc™ is not possible
- Greater grit washing due to air scouring in AirCirc™ unit
- Fluidyne fine screen can be used in combination with the system